Mecklenburg County Council – Boy Scouts of America
Scouting for Food 2013
1. October, November, and December 2012 Roundtables - choose and “mark” the collection area(s) for your unit. - (District SFF coordinators will have your District maps).
2. Before January 2013 Roundtable -Estimate the number of bags your unit will need for your collection area. (Plus the number of bags needed if your unit is participating in church/congregational food collections).
3. January Roundtable - Pick upthe SFF bags your unit will need. All units should be prepared to pick up (and transport) their SFF bags (both for neighborhood delivery and enough for church distribution). The bags come in bundles of 300. (Additional bags will be available at the Loaves & Fishes warehouse).
4. Early January- Church announcements – Ask your charter organization (churches) to place announcements in their January newsletters and/or bulletins. Ask your clergy to include Scouting for Food in their pulpit announcements.
5. Week of January 26 - Neighborhoodbag distribution - Please distribute bags to your assigned neighborhoods (five to seven days before the Scouting for Food Pick up day).
6. Saturday February 2 – Scouting for Food 2013 – All units collect food from your assigned neighborhoods and deliver to one of the Scouting for Food (SFF) collection sites for weighing and sorting.
7. If your unit is participating in church collections,(in addition to your unit(s) neighborhood collections), here are other important dates:
Sunday, January 27 - Distribute bags to members of your congregation.
February 3 (Scout Sunday) - Gather the “congregational food donations”, and take to a designated SFF Sunday collection site.